作者：佚名 信息来源：本站原创 更新时间：2016-10-2
1. Tom wants to study at ___________ university in Europe, but hasn’t decided which one to go to yet.
A. an B. a C. the D. 不填
2. —_____________ do your parentstake exercise, William?
—Less than three times a week.
A. How long B. How much C. How soon D. How often
3. Could you help me with housework _____________ you are free today?
A. since B. though C. unless D. until
4. —We’ve got everything ready for the picnic.
—Do you mean I _____________ bring anything withme?
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. couldn’t D. needn’t
5. Sam is __________ about his speech because he thinks he is well prepared.
A. honest B. confident C. modest D. curious
6. —Father’s Day is coming. Shall we make a card for Dad?
—Good idea! But would you please show me ___________ as I know little about DIY?
A. why B. when C. how D. where
7. Although he was ____________ my opinion, the old professor didn’t come up with his own.
A. against B. on C. for D. in
8. —I can’t find the magazine I bought this morning.
—Well, Jack is reading ___________ over there. Why not go and see if it is yours?
A. it B. that C. one D. some
9. My mind wasn’t on what he was saying so I’m afraid I ____________ half of it.
A. missed B. was missing C. will miss D. would miss
10. —Have you ever heard of Cao Wenxuan, a writer from Jiangsu?
—Of course. _________, he is a good friend of my father’s.
A. I mean B. That is to say C. Above all D. Believe it or not
11. As the story ________, the secret of the castle is discovered littleby little.
A. ends B. begins C. develops D. happens
12. —Steve, I hear that Peter has won another championship.
—It’s not surprising. _____________. He practises hardest in the team.
A. Every dog has its day B. No pain, no gain
C. Many hands make light work D. Actions speak louder than words
13. If the weather ___________ to be rainy, we may have to cancel the sports meeting.
A. runs out B. breaks out C. finds out D. turns out
14. —So you gave her your mobile phone?
—_________. She said she’d return it to me after she had hers fixed.
A. My pleasure B. Not exactly C. With pleasure D. No problem
I was always busy and had too many things to do. Whenever my daughter caused me to change my plans, I thought to myself, “We don’t have time for this.” So the two words I always said to her were: ___15___.
The other day, the two of us rode to a ___16___ near our home. After shopping I bought her an ice cream, and she sat down at a table happily admiring the ice cream in her hand. Suddenly a ___17___ look appeared on her face. “Do I have to eat it up in a hurry, Mum?”
I nearly cried when hearing this—the pains of a hurried life influenced my poor girl so deeply! As she looked at me waiting to know if she could ____18____ her time. I knew I had to make a ____19____. I thought of the times when I rushed (催促) my child through life, I began ____20____what really matters in life….
“You don’t have to hurry. Just enjoy it.” I said gently. Her whole face brightened and her shoulders ____21____. We sat side by side talking about things that interested us.
When she got to the last bite (一口), she held it out to me, “ I ____22____ the last bite for you, Mum,” she said ____23____. As the icy taste put out my thirst, I realized I just got the present of a lifetime. I gave my child a little time… and in return, she gave me her last bite and ____24____ me that things taste sweeter and love is easier to get when you stop rushing through life.
15. A. Keep quiet B. Take care C. Hurry up D. Work hard
16. A. station B. school C. office D. supermarket
17. A. worried B. tired C. satisfied D. surprised
18. A. waste B. take C. spend D. spare
19. A. mark B. plan C. wish D. choice
20. A. explaining B. forgetting C. discussing D. wondering
21. A. lifted B. relaxed C. turned D. raised
22. A. bought B. carried C. saved D. tasted
23. A. cheerfully B. calmly C. sadly D. wisely
24. A. supported B. promised C. reminded D. thanked